Forgiveness is not easy, there are levels or degrees of pain and hurt:
- Someone hurts you unintentionally, and he/she quickly comes back and ask for forgiveness.
- Someone hurts you, may be intentionally, and he/she comes back and ask for forgiveness.
- Someone hurts you and he/she doesn’t know it, and so he/she don’t ask for forgiveness.
- Someone hurts you in way that he/she takes away something/someone irreplaceable.
- Someone hurts you and he/she thinks you deserve it.
- Someone hurts you, and don’t intend to stop hurting you…
No matter what kind of hurt or pain we have suffered, Jesus said: “But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” Matt 6:15.
If we don’t forgive men their trespasses, we are allowing those who have hurt us to imprison us in the prison of bitterness.
May the Lord heal those who have been hurt, and give them the grace to forgive those who have hurt them or are hurting them.